2020 Trip Details
- April 24 – May 2, 2020
- Riders will participate in two ‘tours’ through Uganda & Kenya (approx. 50km each)
- A group of 15 riders (maximum) will take part in the tour
- Cyclists will have a combinations of riding days and rest days during the trip
What to expect
Riders can expect a once-in-a-lifetime experience to cycle amongst locals, raise awareness of leaders working in Africa, and also see the incredible surrounds of towns and cities.
You can expect to ride on many types of terrain, from bumpy dirt roads to ageing bitumen. Children will run beside you as you cycle, trying to catch a glimpse of your face. Speakers strapped to the back of motorbikes and utes will follow you as you ride, brining awareness to your presence on the streets.
It truely is an amazing experience… one that will stay with you forever.
Registration is A$5,500, which includes:
- Cycling jersey and other Tour of Hope merchandise
- Bike to use (which will be donated to locals after the tour is over)
- Various organised sightseeing activities
Riders must also raise an additional A$2,500, with all funds given directly to work on the ground in Uganda and Kenya. The money will be used to educate, care for and mentor children and their families living in four communities: Bungoma (Kenya), Kisumu (Kenya), Kyampisi (Uganda) and Nateete (Uganda).
Riders will receive fundraising links after they register.